Monday, October 4, 2010

Protein Shake

I'm not a big fan of the protein shakes that come in a can! Sure they might be convenient, but I prefer this anyday:


Protein Shake
by Paul
(my hubby, bless his heart for coming up with this little slice of heaven)


1 scoop Protein Powder (I use the 100% Whey Protein made by Muscle Milk that you can buy in a big bag at Costco-only has 1g of sugar per HEAPING scoop, and I don't even use a heaping scoop)

1 banana

scoop of frozen (or fresh) blueberries

milk

peanut butter-the secret ingredient :)

ice
Throw it all in your blender and mix it up!


And that is THE family favorite at my house, and my "go-to" after a hard workout
or a treat when I need it!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. How much of each? Like what does a "scoop" mean when it comes to the blueberries? Have any specifics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do my best, we sorta throw it all in :) It kinda depends on the consistency you want and how much you want to make.

    1 scoop protein powder
    1 banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries (more or less to your preference)
    1-2 c milk
    1 spoonful of peanut butter
    ice-depending on how thick you want it

    Does that help? Just play with it until you get it how you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! I can't wait to try this! The peanut butter sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. does anyone have a nutritional label for this????

    ReplyDelete