Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Spinach Smoothie

Spinach Smoothie

"We do a lot of green smoothies in my family. You get a serving of veggies along with your serving or 2 of fruits. Here's a great recipe that I use.

In my Vita Mix Blender I do the following:
4 C of Spinach, packed in there really good :)
Then I add fresh orange juice to just cover the spinach.
(We just do water now, since we are used to the green smoothies and don't need it so sweet.)
Next, I add 1-2 frozen or fresh bananas.
After that I fill the blender up with frozen strawberries or any other fruit of your choice.
I also add about 1/4c. of raw honey or raw agave syrup.
(You may want to omit this once you get used to this type of smoothie)

This feeds most of my family of 7- sometimes I have to make more :) You really can't taste the spinach, it just gives it a beautiful green color. Once you are used to the spinach try other greens like collard or kale. Then I blend and blend and blend...So delicious!"

Thanks to Missy from Raw Honey for sharing this smoothie recipe with us!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment